Workshop Leader Recruitment - San Francisco 2015-11-15
This email was sent to the San Francisco Tech4Good list 2015-11-15
SUBJECT: Are you an Office 365 master? Help us hold a workshop for nonprofits!
We are recruiting volunteers to host an Office 365 workshop for nonprofits. Do you want to get involved? Please apply here to express your interest.
Microsoft and TechSoup have partnered to offer Office 365 for free to nonprofits in 110+ countries, but our data shows that many small nonprofits are struggling with setting up their donated account.
To help address this problem TechSoup created a train-the-trainer program that will support our Tech4Good organizers to deliver an Office 365 setup workshops in San Francisco. By getting small nonprofits set up with Office 365 we can increase their tech capacity and perceived professionalism.
Get 5+ small "startup" nonprofits setup and using Office 365.
NOTE: this isn't a full Office 365 implementation. Rather, the goal is to complete the initial setup, limited to setting up accounts, Exchange online, and configuring any desktop clients.
Small, emerging charities with little to no IT infrastructure and support who need an email server for email on their own domain name.
- Have less than 5 staff
- Are using a Google/Yahoo/Hotmail or similar email address for their organization, but want to transition to email on their own domain name
- Own their own domain name already, or are prepared to buy their own domain name
- Have little or no email archives to be transitioned
- Are a charity or nonprofit - check eligibility, which varies by country
We're here to help you with the following support:
- $250 honararium to help cover event expenses
- Trainer and participant guide offering step-by-step instructions
- Template emails and event descriptions
- Webinar and phone support from Tech Impact to answer any questions
- Short videos covering major steps like updating MX records
- Recruitment emails to help you recruit local nonprofit candidates
The workshop should be completed by January 31, 2016.
- Recruit 3-5 local eligible nonprofits who are not actively using Office 365
- Ensure they are registered with TechSoup
- Ensure they own a domain name
- Ensure they have access to update their MX record
- Organize a 3 hour workshop
- Secure venue
- Ensure internet access
- Deliver high-level overview of Office 365 (slides provided)
- Assist attendees with initiating Office 365 setup
- Assist attendees with setup of Office 365 accounts
- Assist attendees with setup of Exchange Online
- Assist attendees with setup of any desktop clients like Outlook
- Report on experience
- What worked well
- What needs to be improved
There's always rules and stipulations!
- Honoriums will be transferred in US$ via Paypal
- Only one workshop may be delivered per city
- Your application is not a guarantee of acceptance, and we will prioritize active NetSquared organizers